Highlights on Hands To Love Hand Camp
March 31-April 2, 2023
From the first moment that I reached out to Hands to Love to volunteer at Hand Camp as a pediatric occupational therapist and adult with a congenital hand difference, I was warmly welcomed into the Hands to Love family. I cannot say enough about Hands to Love and the warm community it has created.
Some highlights of the weekend:
- Experiencing a container of acceptance, connection, joy, and safety around limb difference
- Being welcomed as part of the volunteer team, full of so many returnees, united in purpose to create a meaningful experience for children in a spirit of inclusiveness and appreciation of each child’s beauty and individuality
- Meeting so many talented occupational therapists and OT students committed to expanding children’s function and participation
- Meeting many creative, energetic, interesting, and passionate children and adults with – and without – limb differences
- Having the opportunity to share my personal and professional experiences and knowledge with parents and caregivers
- Driving a golf cart for the first time!
I feel so grateful to have been part of this extraordinary weekend – what an amazing start to Limb Difference Awareness Month! Special thanks to Ruthie Dell and @cewampler for your incredibly hard work putting this all together!
Also many thanks to @eazyhold, myrangemaster.com, and @10secondsbrand for donating products for the campers!
A huge dream come true. If you are a prospective family, adult with an upper limb difference, or OT volunteer and would like to chat about Hand Camp, contact me here! Learn more about Hands To Love and Hand Camp!
© 2023. Laura Faye Clubok, MS, OTR/L, On The Other Hand Therapy